Most of the time, there isn’t much information available within the picture itself. However, certain smartphones (iphone) and high-end cameras have GPS built in, and geo-tag pictures. Advanced cameras also store metadata such as the model name, exposure settings, etc. Even without the location information, the EXIF info stored on the image is still useful in the evidence gathering process.
1. Go to the Craigslist posting
2. Right click on the image and select Copy Link Location
3. Go to http://regex.info/exif.cgi and click Paste.
4. Now click on View Image at URL
5. The next page displays EXIF info, or information on the Camera, and, if available, the GPS-based location where the picture was taken.
… Scroll down for the GPS info